Stoke City - The English Thread

Moryo

I'm liking you more than the french already, they send us all their crap wine and keep the best for themselves. Tell me more about your local beers and most popular global brands - Amstel? Heineken? Carlsberg? The usual global piss?

Only Goldstar and Guinness, fuck the rest :flowers:

I'm liking you more than the french already, they send us all their crap wine and keep the best for themselves. Tell me more about your local beers and most popular global brands - Amstel? Heineken? Carlsberg? The usual global piss?

Sadly Amstel is rare here,I love Amstel :wubyellow3:

Well there are 2 big Israeli beer brands: Goldstar and Maccabi.

Goldstar is good,Maccabi-despite the name-is awful imo.

Usually they serve Heineken,Carlsberg,Guiness,Weihenstephan,Stella Artois and Tuborg in most bars but you can get Paulaner and stuff on others.it really depends on the bar.

heiniken accuired 30% of a local brand a few years ago

Maccabi beer

and though the name might sound like our kind of beer it really is no ones kind of beer

real piss in a bottle (:

Goldstar is a local dark lager - i think one of the finest in the world and i know some stoke supporters agree with me from when they were here for the national team game

a pub price would probably be around 4 pounds for a pint

23 Israeli shekels = 3.91204163 British pounds

but in a supermarket a 1/2 litre bottle would probably be less than 1 pound - though it's not cold

around the stadium you will find it cold in a kiosk for around 1.5 pounds

in the past years a lot of microbrewries started here - they are pretty expensive but really good

around 2.5 pounds for a 1/3 bottle

The nightlife in manchester is very good, but it's spread out, you might have to get taxis to different clubs :D

There is a place called the print works, with lots of pubs and clubs in it.

This is all relative though, compared to Stoke's nightlife, everywhere is amazing!

yes, Goldstar is an israeli made beer

heiniken, carlsberg and others are not local beers as you know but many of them are brewed locally and not imported

malka admonit - the name in hebrew

english: queen (/malka. the brand) amber (/"admonit". the name of the specific beer) is a really good pale ale with a lot of spices

they also make a stout beer called "queen dark" but i didnt like it

Bazelet - another local microbrew have a really good unfiltered wheat beer

So, how come nobody cares for basketball in England?

You have no idea what you're missing... It's a great sport.

Maccabi Tel Aviv in Basketball is the best club all over Europe. (and I'm being impartial - it really is...)

We're all fat, little hobbits over here, we can't reach the basket :D

Maccabi IS Basketball!...I have seen European footage on Youtube & very impressed (mind you I used to play when I lived in Stoke)

Still...all this talk of drink.Gentlemen of tel Aviv, you need to try a good pint of Pedigree or Bass when your in town!

Speak for yourself Ruts! I'm 6 foot 2, , and a bit of a lanky bastard ;)

I'm 6 foot 2 and a right fat bastard - would melt after 2 hours in the Tel-Aviv sunshine - best get some factor 40 and a sombrero

Maccabi IS Basketball!...I have seen European footage on Youtube & very impressed (mind you I used to play when I lived in Stoke)

Still...all this talk of drink.Gentlemen of tel Aviv, you need to try a good pint of Pedigree or Bass when your in town!

bass is great and we have it(Draught) in israel