Stoke City - The English Thread

Moryo

Most of us are quite amused by the type of support European clubs get. It is highly orchestrated and choreographed with lots of colour, noise and fireworks. Our support is much more spontaneous and reflects what is going on on the pitch. Although the constant noise of Euro teams is impressive, it feels like a backing track to the main event like the vuvuzelas in S Africa 2010. Vive la difference

Who are the players we really need to look out for in your team, and what players do you think would be good enough in the Premier league? Also if you have any good enough, can we have them please ;)

Our leading stars are Eliran Atar (Striker),Barak Itzhaki (Striker),Nivaldo (Center Back),Haris Medunjanin (Midfielder) and the young starlet Dor Micha.

This year we're based on our successful youth academy who won the youth championship last season-very easily btw.

You said you need a striker right? Go for Eliran then,but we won't let him go ;)

Eight, I had a look, the only thing I got returned was a goal scored on Football manager haha.

If he is a show pony, he wouldn't fit into our team, we are rigid, and organised, basically the complete opposite to most European sides.

You ahve a link for that video?

18goals out of 31 games is very good, but is that against the poor opposition in your league mainly?

Although our manager still needs to be looking a players like this all across Europe, he seems scared to buy any foreign players, and then we get stuck with transfer targets such as Carlton cole, Cameron jerome, and Peter Crouch.

Are any of your defenders strong and good in the air? You'll need this kind of player when you play at our ground.

Also that comment about it being remarkable was a bit patronising, especially ebcause I think somebody said it was the first time you've ever qualified for the group stages of Europe (apologies if untrue)

And the fact that as you have all admitted, the premier league is a league with such high quality, but it shows how good we are that we have qualified, and brushed aside our opponents so far, underestimate us at your peril.,

your club qualified to the competiton from the 13th place, as runner-ups from the FA Cup final.

so no disrespect, but i think even Maccabi (yes, its out first group stage appearence) have more tradition in european cups than Stoke.

so i dont know about how good you are, truely.

but if i look into your road to the FA cup final:

bearly beat Cardiff (AET)

bearly beat Wolves (81' Huth)

won fairly against Brighton

copped well with West Ham

crushed Bolton

well, as you can see, most of the teams you played are not high level even for us.

so i cant really tell if its the fact that your club is good (and againg, could be, dunno) or its just the fact that you guys played clubs weaker than you, all the way to the final.

Jolly roger, I don't blame you, a fantastic result!

The majority of us rewatched the 5-0 win vs Bolton in the FA cup Semi final, the top highlight that most of us have ever had supporting Stoke.

I know I should have been a bit more impartial and not so argumentative (I find it surreal I'm even arguing with you!!!) about the support towards the big four, it's just we have plenty of gloryhunters around Stoke itself, who also support the big four, when they should be supporting their local team.

I also find it weird that you all share a stadium, it was once suggested that we share a stadium with the lother team in Stoke-On-Trent (Port Vale) but neither team would have allowed it to happen.

Who are the players we really need to look out for in your team, and what players do you think would be good enough in the Premier league? Also if you have any good enough, can we have them please ;)

Actually in israel, the locality means nothing when someone chooses his prefered team.

A lot of people in tel aviv are Maccabi Haifa fans.

About the stadium, we just don't have too much stadium in a proper level.

but you can see in a lot of places that teams share a stadium (milan and inter, roma and lazio, also in greek, cyprus and other places).

you should look out for 2 of our wonderkids wingers, 19 years old Dor Mikha, and 18 years old Musa Konate.

We also have our top goalscorer from last season Eliran Atar, very skillful striker

but basiclly we are a hard-working team with a lot of talented youngsters

Finishing 13th places was definitely an injustice to how good we were last season, we had lots of injuries going into the FA Cup final, and these carried on afterwards, had we won against Wigan last game we would have been 9th, a game we definitely should have won, if we had not had the injuries, i reckon we would have finished 7th or 8th.

Remember also, Birmingham and Fulham are in the competition, we are much better than Birmigham, and at least level to Fulham, and Fulham got to the final of Europa a couple of years ago.

Nearly every team in the prem has some very good quality players, I reckon better than the majority of European teams, apart from the biggest leagues like Germany, Spain, italy, and the best clubs in France, sorry if this sounds arrogant, but it just stems from the amount of money that all clubs in the premier League have, we can attract some of the best players.

You do have better European pedigree than us, and that experience may be vital, but it is much much harder for English teams to qualify, when the top 6 are nearly always based of the same teams, althought his may change in the enxt few years, with the uefa financial regulations coming into place,a nd some of the top teams being in an enormous amount of debt.

Its not true, not all of the ppl in israel love the big teams. actualy theres lots of Spurs fans.

im a big fan of Spurs, and since 2004 i watch most of Stoke games, their like the perfect UnderDog, and when they promoted to the premier league on 2008 since they werent playing there for like 20 years? it was realy exciting.

[Quite right, Jolly Roger - it is easy to offend people from different cultures with a simple, misplaced word.

English humour is very sarcastic and ironic which can be interpreted wrongly or literally causing offence. I think we are doing ok so far - you guys have been very welcoming except the Arsenal retard, has he been banned because I miss him already. Right, now that the foreplay is over shall we get down to business. What are the ladies like

[Quite right, Jolly Roger - it is easy to offend people from different cultures with a simple, misplaced word.

English humour is very sarcastic and ironic which can be interpreted wrongly or literally causing offence. I think we are doing ok so far - you guys have been very welcoming except the Arsenal retard, has he been banned because I miss him already. Right, now that the foreplay is over shall we get down to business. What are the ladies like

09_bar-refaeli_34_1.jpg

Also in general Manchester United fans are knob heads who don't know what it's

yellow_cool1.gif Allow me to disagree

I personally know Stoke from the old documentries on Sir Stanley Matthews (I still can't believe it when I watch his trick, as he throws the ball one way and passes the defender from the other side). Oh right, I also know you from losing to shitty in the FA cup final last year.

Now we can't sing "36 years..." and mok them.

Replied mate :)

To the above, the day we got promoted will live long in the memory, an absolutely fantastic season for us, we have always had the potential to be a top league side, and in the 70's we were actually one of the best in the country. but then we got stuck in the lower league, and the Championship is probably the hardest league to get promoted out of in the world, having money does not guarantee you promotion.

When is your next game? Do you have internet streams for it, i might do a bit of scouting for Tony pulis :D

I'm going to the Stoke game at West brom tomorrow, takes about an hour on the train, not feeling very confidenmt though, we are not evry good away from home, and West brom have improved considerably this last year.

Liverpool the under-dogs? :D

Until the last couple of years they have always been in the top 4, if you want a real under dog this year support Norwich , one of the promoted teams, but not QPR, they are very arrogant, or Swansea, they aren't even English.

and hapoel tel aviv aren't israeli team,

on the europen games they have sign that say

"We do not represent Israel we represent hpoel"

Replied mate :)

To the above, the day we got promoted will live long in the memory, an absolutely fantastic season for us, we have always had the potential to be a top league side, and in the 70's we were actually one of the best in the country. but then we got stuck in the lower league, and the Championship is probably the hardest league to get promoted out of in the world, having money does not guarantee you promotion.

When is your next game? Do you have internet streams for it, i might do a bit of scouting for Tony pulis :D

I'm going to the Stoke game at West brom tomorrow, takes about an hour on the train, not feeling very confidenmt though, we are not evry good away from home, and West brom have improved considerably this last year.

We are playing on monday, when there will be streams, we will get you :)