Stoke City - The English Thread

Moryo

Ahhh, I offer my biggest apologies then!!

I am just a bit protective (and touchy ;D) about my team, although we are getting a lot more recognition over here for the improvement we have made over the last few years.

I might have to learn Hebrew, I'll come back in 10 years when I've done it :D

There does seem to eb a lot of fear of Ryan Shawcross though, he is a tough tackling defender, but he is fair. Do you get Match Of The Day over there? The Premier League highlights show.

There does seem to eb a lot of fear of Ryan Shawcross though, he is a tough tackling defender, but he is fair. Do you get Match Of The Day over there? The Premier League highlights show.

We do get it. :)

עד אז תמשיך לחגוג על גוגל תרגוםשבוע טוב

That made me laugh :D

אני אוהב את בדלי גדול ואני לא יכול לשקר

אתם אחים אחרים לא יכולים להכחיש

זה כאשר בחורה נכנסת עם המותניים קטנטן itty

וזה דבר עגול בפנים

אתה מקבל צצו

Sir Mix-alot! :)

------------------

edit -

I like big butts and I can not lie

You other brothers can not deny

This is when a girl comes in with a tiny waist itty

Which is circular in

You get sprung

That made me laugh :D

אני אוהב את בדלי גדול ואני לא יכול לשקר

אתם אחים אחרים לא יכולים להכחיש

זה כאשר בחורה נכנסת עם המותניים קטנטן itty

וזה דבר עגול בפנים

אתה מקבל צצו

Sir Mix-alot! :)

גוגל טרנסלייט סחי :thumbdown:

חלי יא אח,

תביא לפורום כמה זונות מקייב ונפתח נושא פחות סאחי.

סומך עליך!

גוגל טרנסלייט דיס, יו פאקין אינגליש פרוט קייק.

welcome to Israel!

פנזי ליטל וונקרז.

@ Snir_gueli

Our chnating is just part of our football tradition, and in general, away fans at every stadium are far more impressive than the home fans, often Stoke fans will sing the whole 90 minutes away from home, this never happens at the Britannia stadium, although sometimes we get close.

Trust me, the Stoke fans that go to tel-Aviv will be more impressive to you than our home fans.

I'm LFC fan and before 2 years ago i went to the Upton Park to watched The West Ham against Liverpool game..

I never been at the Kop yet but from stories about Anfield I'm sure that the fans at home Liverpool matches are much impressive than away games.

p.s it's was a great game at Anfield today, one day i will be there :)

such a bad grammer...

The away support is always better than the home support for every team and it's quite obvious.

I know chanting is part of your tradition but it's a bad one in my opinion.

It's just like chanting D-fence or Beat L.A make the N.B.A crowd noisy but not supportive.

The away support might be better but it will still chant and not sing, even though they might chant for 90 minutes, the intervals between every chant would just make it sound weird.

Example : Maccabi has a song on the Seven Nations Army - It sounds like this. - and that's missing the second verse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmJxd5_yRBg&feature=related

Arsenal used to use that song for Emmanuel Eboue, you can imagine how long it took for it to die out - 30 seconds tops.

That's just one of many examples.

We do have some special chants...."Delilah"the song by Tom Jones is a famous Stoke only chant for many years.Most of the players have their own individual chants too.....Oh and then their is the "Bread" song which is....strange but funny!

• מנהלים ראשיים

We do have some special chants...."Delilah"the song by Tom Jones is a famous Stoke only chant for many years.Most of the players have their own individual chants too.....Oh and then their is the "Bread" song which is....strange but funny!

if you can please put us some clips from youtube.... :)

I think that it would be nice if you stoke fans will put here some info of your team and your tradition,

like what distinguish u from the other football fans in england?

who's your biggest rival?

do u have any english bands that u recognize with? (english music is the best, especially from the 70's),

what is your biggest achievement as a football club?

any other interesting facts?

i know we can get some of the info from wiki / net, but to read it here would be nicer

I agree about the chanting, but we alone can not change it, we often have poor atmosphere's here.

Stoke do have some songs though, we sing 'Oh when the reds' which can go on for quite a long time, as well as Delilah and a couple of others.

To the Liverpool fan, if you were to go to Anfield when they play Manchester United, the atmosphere would be loud from liverpool, however if you watch them against teams like Stoke, their atmosphere will not be good at all. Their away fans would be much better than their homes fans, it comes from that tribal feeling when you are outnumbered.

like what distinguish u from the other football fans in england?

We have been named the loudest fans in the premier league, we are get called the '12th man' similar to you guys! :) We regularly get 27,000 for home games, which may not be a lot compared to some clubs, but in my opinion we have the most passionate fans in the Premier league.

who's your biggest rival?

It's a difficult one, our biggest would be Port Vale, which is a team on the otehr side of Stoke-On-Trent, however they are in league 2, 3 divisions below us, so we rarely get to play them.

Most clubs in the premier league have a local rivalry with another team in the same division, such and Man Utd and man City, Liverpool and Everton, we do not have this. Our closest club is Wolverhampton Wanderers, we have a rivalry with these.

We also ahve a rivalry with Arsenal since we played them in 2008, and since the 70's, Wenger did not like our style of play, and he constantly moans, as do the Arsenal fans, in return we hate Arsenal because of their ignorance.

do u have any english bands that u recognize with? (english music is the best, especially from the 70's),

what is your biggest achievement as a football club?

Most big teams in England have some silverware, we don't have much, for a team that has been around for so long. We had probably the ebst team in the country before WW2 broke out, so we did not win anything then, we also had one of the best teams in the 1970's, when we won the league cup in 1972, we went into the final game with a chance of winning the title, but lost.

rOur biggest achievements in recent years, firstly is the promotion in 2008, after so long out of the top division, the championship, as I'm sure some of you might be aware, is very unpredictable, and much more even than the premier league, it is a very hard division to get promoted from. this was the first time I saw my team at the top.

Second was staying up, many teams get relegated straight away, we have also been comfortably mid-table for 3 years now.

Lastly was getting to the FA Cup fional, and although we didn't play well, it was against the richest club in the world, and we had bad injuries, had we not been injured I think we could have won it, we have beaten man City before. That feeling of being at Wembley for a final is unbeatable though, and we all had a fantastic time.

any other interesting facts?

We are the second oldest club in the world, Stanley Matthews was born in Stoke, and played for us and Blackpool. our chairman is rich, he owns Bet365. We are one of the founder memebers of the football league, the first one of its kind. Stoke fans are disliked across the country, because of a bad reputation of hooligansism, which in the past now, so no need to worry!

I am off now to get ready to watch us play at West Brom! I am excited, but nervous :) I wish you all a good day and I'll be back tomorrow.