Stokie

משתמשים רשומים
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Bit of transfer gossip off twitter. reluctantnicko Alan Nixon Crazy Blackburn situ. One of three in for Israeli defender Omri Kanda at Hapoel Tel Aviv. St.Etienne Nancy in. 300k. Slovak passport. Why?? How good is he? Be honest, I know how much you hate Hapoel
  2. Ridiculous money and wages are what is needed to compete in the prem. our wage cap is £40,000 a week, which is quite small for the premeir league, show how inflated prices are.
  3. :D :D :rtfm: :rtfm: :clap: :clap: :king: :king: :king: :hooligan: :hooligan: :hooligan: I've worked out how to use the smileys
  4. yeah I always avoid betting on Stoke like the plague. Although betting on Huth first goal at 25/1 every game will net you some cash over a whole season.
  5. Actually Bet365 is surprisingly harsh on us, always seems to give us crap odds.
  6. As much as we need! Our chairman owns Bet365, and the Coates family have a big fortune. However the plan is to make us self-sufficient in the premeir league, so we keep within a strict wage budget so that we don't get into financial problems like Leeds and portsmouth have done. We bought Kenwyne jones for £8 million last season, and we bid near £20m for palacios and Crouch, but Crouch turned us down.
  7. A very fair review of our two sides there, although we are past the stage of just searching for survival, we are comfotably mid-tabvle now. You could be right about the awkwardness, although as we do with many passing teams, we try to make them play more like us, by frustrating them, so I expect you to take a while to find your feet when playing us. I've seen worse misses though, I'll get you the one from Kenwyne Jones against Blackpool last season http://www.sportyhub.com/league/blackpool-vs-stoke-city-motd-highlights-3042011-video_724476899.html 47 seconds in, it still makes me laugh We are looking good for transfers today aswell. Palacios should be finalised, Bendtner and Jerome look very likely, plus maybe a couple others.
  8. Right, a couple of options available As always, the quickest way isn't the cheapest You can get the heathrow express from Heathrow to Paddington, which is £16.50 for a single, and £32 for a return (valid for a month) Then from Paddington, take the tube to Euston square, then a short walk from there to Euston railway station (it will be well sign posted) The line you must catch is either the Central, or Hammersmith. Here's a link to the tubes for London http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/standard-tube-map.pdf If you are feeling adventurous, you could always catch two tubes, straight to Euston, as it has its own Tube station. This will take about half an hour. The second option is to get the London underground (tube) which will probably start overground straight from heathrow, by catching the piccadilly line to leicester Square, then jump on to the Northern Line, which will take you directly into Euston. This is much cheaper and will cost £5, however it will take about an hour. There is also the option of taxi's, I don't know the exact figures, but here's a website which offers transfers http://www.londonheathrowcars.com/quotes/euston-station-to-heathrow.asp This is only good if you have a group of you transferring to Euston. Hope this has been helpful for anybody planning this kind of journey, ask if you need any more help.
  9. http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/assets/pdf/timetables/vt-timetable-b-05-2011.pdf Here is a timetable from Euston to Stoke-On-Trent, looks like on week days, the train leaves Euston at 25 and 48 minutes past the hour, it also has the times from Stoke-On-trent to Euston. This train only takes an hour and a half, but may be quite expensive, as it may be at peak time on week days. If you want me to find you the cheaper trains, which take about 3 hours, then just ask I'll help Getting from heathrow to Euston is the complicated bit. I'll write back when I work it out myself
  10. Possibly, when I find out how much the packages that a company called Sport Options are. Should be alright actually, maybe about £300.
  11. If you are attempting to talk to me, I have stopped using google translate after I got horribly mixed up before from its crap translations. If not carry on, ignore me
  12. Work until 9 on Mondays, I think the kick off was 7pm (our time) The FA website should highlights up anyway, or maybe one of your geniuses can put it up here for me.
  13. I only watched that one game, and it was only highlights at that, so my conclusions are based on seeing very little. And I know that Europa can tire players, we were the only English team to play on Thursday in Europe to win, and it wasn't a great performance (apart from defence, that was a good performance) If we play away there like we did at Thun, and Hajduk, then you will get plenty of time on the ball, and we will hit on the counter.
  14. Your football seems a lot slower paced than ours, there is rarely a game in the premier league, which is slow. Also there seems to be less closing down opposition players, more intercepting. Ours will be an interesting game, a complete contrast of styles, our focus on defending, counter-attack, and direct football. Yours is slower, but better passing, and working your way into good positions to shoot. How did they miss that one on one with the keeper Shocking miss!
  15. Afternoon everybody I've had a couple of busy days, which is why I haven't been able to answer some of your questions, I am still beaming about the win on Sunday Congratulations on your win, I am just about to watch the highlights after this message I have seen that England U21's take on Israel U21's next monday, I would go if I wasn't working as it is cheap and only a couple of hours from me. Hoepfully I can get the highlights of this too because somebody said 6 of your players play for the Israel U21's. There was comments about the working class, it didn't quite make sense to me, but I think somebody said they hate the working class, because that is what your rivals are. Maybe the working class mean different things to us, here most of the country are working class, especially Stoke-On-trent, and historically and tradiktionally football has always been watched mainly by the working class, it was an escape from a hard week working down mines and similar jobs. Working class is slightly different now, because we don't have these jobes any more, but we still have a lot of working class, people who are on not such good wages. Which is why a lot of people can't justify paying £40 for a match ticket, a long with all the other costs, and a lot of clubs have lost their working class because of this, to be replaced by much richer, but a lot less passionate fans, main examples are Fulham and Arsenal.

הודעה חשובה

בשימוש אתר זה אתה מסכים לתנאים הללו תנאי השימוש.